Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gout in Hands Joints. the Truth about Gout
Brick 
[size=4][b]Gout in Hands Joints - the Truth about Gout[/b][/size][hr]Our society is such that on a daily basis we unknowingly introduce our bodies to countless foreign substances. We are so conditioned to our way of life that we are not conscious to the fact that almost everything we eat, drink, breathe and put in or on our bodies is full of any number of food dyes, additives and preservatives. We routinely ingest toxic and often deadly chemicals such as chlorine and fluoride or heavy metals like mercury and lead. The air we breathe is no better, containing an array of noxious manmade chemicals, any number of which if inhaled in large doses would be considered lethal. When the body is unable to effectively deal with this foreign invasion, it sends in lymphocytes, flooding your system with these disease-fighting white blood cells. Lymphocytes, which are produced in your bone marrow, are part of your immune system and help to fight off such things as infectious disease and foreign materials. When your body is consistently subjected to these foreign substances however, it essentially goes into a state of constant alert. Eventually, this endless battle overwhelms the immune system to the point it can no longer differentiate between what is normal and natural and what is foreign, initiating a condition known as an autoimmune disease. Arthritis, including gout, is one such disorder.

You are overweight, your doctor may explain the typical health issues associated with obesity (heart attack, diabetes etc.), but traditional medicine does not yet make the real and most important connection between diet and health. The human body, like all things organic, has a very sensitive acid-base balance. By nature, the human body is deigned to function at optimal levels when it is slightly alkaline (pH of 35 - . Anything below a pH of 7 is considered acidic. While certain areas and fluids of the body are more acidic than others, blood levels should be kept somewhat alkaline. When your body becomes too alkaline however, a condition known as alkalosis develops. By the same token, if it is too acidic, acidosis results. Every cell within the human body is slightly alkaline. During the many and often complex metabolic processes they undergo, they create an acidic byproduct known as free radicals from which they then derive energy to function. If this waste material is allowed to build up however, it can trigger acidosis, which ultimately damages cell membranes, DNA and the basic cellular mechanisms needed to function properly. One such process is oxygen synthesis. When your body is too acidic, your red blood cells cannot transport sufficient oxygen to other cells. They begin to break down and die, a process that leads to inflammation as free radicals take over. While inflammation itself is not necessarily a bad thing as it neutralizes harmful microorganisms, when it becomes chronic, you can develop any number of diseases including arthritis. We also know an acidic, anaerobic (lacking oxygen) body is the perfect breeding ground for fungus, mold, bacteria, and viruses. Simply put, disease cannot live in an oxygenated body. So, if your pH levels are normal, you cannot get sick. In this sense, your pH level is truly your first defense against disease.

[size=large][b]As a Nation, We are Slowly Killing Ourselves With Food[/b][/size][hr]The biggest cause of body acidity is diet. Foods like refined sugar, hydrogenated oils, refined wheat, alcohol, caffeine, processed meats, soda, preservatives, artificial sweeteners and all fast food are extremely acidic. Obesity aside, the typical American diet promotes acidosis and disease. Arthritis and gout in particular, is directly linked to what you eat. It is rather inviting to go on writing on Purine. however as there is a limitation to the number of words to be written, we have confined ourselves to this. However, do enjoy yourself reading it.

[list][*]Researchers have classified over 100 variations of arthritis including such things as juvenile arthritis, fibromyalgia and lupus.[*]Most commonly however, people suffer from four main types of this disease: osteoarthritis, rheumatoid and infectious arthritis or gout.[*]Isn't it amazing how much information can be transferred through a single page?[*]So much stands to gain, and to lose about Gout Arthritis through a single page.[/list]

[size=large][b]There are Over 100 Types of Arthritis[/b][/size][hr]Over 43 million Americans suffer yearly from some form of arthritis. Some worse than others, but for 20 million of these people, the disease has progressed to unmanageable proportions. It is usually at this point we seek medical attention for symptoms such as pain, swelling and increasingly limited joint mobility. Writing is something that has to be done when one is in the mood to write. So when we got in the mood to write about Gout Treatment, nothing could stop us from writing!

Many cases, arthritis can also be triggered by age and longstanding inferior nutrition. Overtime, our joints and the surrounding ligaments, tendons and cartilage can become worn with wear. The cartilage, which is a gel-like substance found between the bones, acts as a shock absorber, protecting the ends of the joints. When the essential enzymes normally produced by our bodies to repair this cartilage are insufficient, severe degeneration can occur. In order for these enzymes to be produced, the cells must be functioning properly. If your body is depleted of fundamental nutrients or overwhelmed by toxic substances, this reparative process will ultimately fail.

[size=large][b]Natural Approach[/b][/size][hr]Nature provides everything we need to support and nourish our bodies. The typical Western diet unfortunately consists of mainly nutrient deficient, highly refined and processed foods. Fast food for a fast life. It is no wonder that by medical standards, over 60 percent of all American adults are obese, 30 percent morbidly so. Obvious health issues aside, studies show a direct link between obesity and osteoarthritis. In fact, this risk can be up to 10 times higher for extremely overweight individuals. As the information we produce in our writing on Arthritis Gout may be utilized by the reader for informative purposes, it is very important that the information we provide be true. We have indeed maintained this.

[size=large][b]The Bottom Line[/b][/size][hr]Any way you look at it, gout is a preventable and treatable disease. Proponents of traditional medicine would have you believe drugs are the only answer to this painful and disabling condition. There are currently over 43 million Americans suffering from different forms of arthritis, yet the cases are still growing. Traditional medicine is failing. Our bodies have reached critical overload and our health is paying the price. At what point does the cost become too high?

[size=large][b]The Answer is Simple..[/b][/size][hr]You can't put a price on your well being. You have options and changing your lifestyle and diet is the first step toward regaining your health. Despite what we were taught as children, disease is preventable not inevitable.

[size=large][b]Gout is One of the Most Painful Forms of Arthritis[/b][/size][hr]It is considered a congenital disorder affecting uric acid metabolism that occurs when deposits of this substance accumulate in the connective tissue and or joint spaces. Considered foreign bodies, the uric acid then crystallizes, triggering an inflammatory reaction within the tissues. This further causes redness, a burning sensation and stiffness in the joints. Often, these crystallized deposits continue to grow until they actually break through the skin forming open sores filled with a chalky white substance. Ignorance is bliss, is it? Isn't it better to learn more than not to know about something like Purine. So we have produced this article so that you can learn more about it!

To restore proper alkalinity we must first change our diet. Low carbohydrate (no refined wheat, sugar etc.), lots of organic fresh vegetables and fruits and plenty of fresh, clean, preferably ozonated or at least filtered. With gout you must also avoid all purine and uric acid-forming foods such as all meat, eggs, and fish as well as tea, coffee and of course, all alcohol. If your body is severely acidic or you are overweight, you may need to first detoxify your body using one of the many safe cleanses. This helps remove accumulated toxins so your body can once again function properly. Drinking lots of water daily and cleansing your body regularly is essential to controlling the acidic build-up responsible for arthritis. As your acid levels decease, so will your inflammation and pain. A rolling stone gathers no moss. So if I just go on writing, and you don't understand, then it is of no use of me writing about Gout Treatment! Whatever written should be understandable by the reader.

[size=large][b]What is Gout?[/b][/size][hr]Gout is a form of arthritis resulting from deposits of uric acid crystals formed in the bodies' joints. A gout attack will usually attack only one joint at a time, the big toe being the most common. Other joints that may also be impacted by gout are the feet, ankle, knee, hand, and wrist. The pain will typically last five to fourteen days, at which point the crystals will leave the joint.

[list][*]There is no sure way to determine if you will have gout, until you have your first flare up.[*]If you have already had a gout attack, you know that you never want to have another one.[*]There are a number of prescription medications available to treat gout, and you should discuss with your physician what you should take.[*]Suppressing our knowledge on Uric Acid Crystals is not our intention here.[*]In fact, we mean to let everyone know more about Uric Acid Crystals after reading this! [/list]

[size=large][b]What is Uric Acid?[/b][/size][hr]Uric acid helps protect blood vessel linings and serves as an antioxidant. Uric acid is created when purines are broken down by the body. Purines are found in all the cells of the body, and in virtually all food. Some food sources contain a much higher concentration of purines than all the others. Foods with very high purine levels include:

[b]Organ meats, such as brain, kidney, liver, and sweetbreads. - Anchovies - Mackerel - Herring - Sardines - Gravies - Dried beans and peas[/b]

[i]Foods with high and moderately high purine levels include: - All other meat - Other beans, such as kidney, lima, navy, lentil - Some vegetables, such as asparagus, cauliflower, mushrooms, and spinach[/i]

Age. Men are most likely to develop gout between the ages of forty and fifty. Women generally develop gout after menopause. What can we do about gout?

Self help! There are a number of things that you can do for yourself to decrease your chance of developing gout, or having a recurrence. I must state however that there is no guaranteed way to prevent a gout attack. Important Disclaimer; Many of the following suggestions are intended to decrease your blood uric acid level. Ultimately, this should be your goal, but a sudden drop in your blood uric acid level, may cause a gout attack. I suggest that all lifestyle changes be made at a moderate pace to decrease the risk. This is a dependable source of information on Uric Acid Level. All that has to be done to verify its authenticity is to read it!

[size=large][b]What Causes Gout?[/b][/size][hr]This question is still up in the air. The quick answer is that hyperuricemia, which is an elevated blood level of uric acid, is responsible for gout. With that said, not all patients with hyperuricemia develop gout, and some patients with gout do not have hyperuricemia. Although it is not clear how hyperuricemia relates to gout, one thing is clear; gout is associated with sudden changes in uric acid levels in the blood. We have avoided adding flimsy points on Uric Acid Crystals, as we find that the addition of such points have no effect on Uric Acid Crystals.

Genetics. A family history of gout increases the chance of developing gout by 20 percent. - Gender. Men are much more likely than women to develop gout. We have included some fresh and interesting information on Decrease Uric Acid. In this way, you are updated on the developments of Decrease Uric Acid. Smile

[size=large][b]Avoid Alcohol[/b][/size][hr]As stated before, alcohol interferes with the body excreting uric acid. Definitely stay away from alcohol if you are experiencing a gout attack. We cannot be blamed if you find any other article resembling the matter we have written here about Uric Acid Level. What we have done here is our copyright material!

Obesity. Body weight has an impact on the bodies' ability to process uric acid properly, and puts a greater load on your joints. - Medical Conditions. High blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol and medicines used to treat such conditions increase the likelihood of developing gout. Even the beginner will get to learn more about Purine Intake after reading this article. It is written in easy language so that everyone will be able to understand it.

[size=large][b]What are the Risk Factors?[/b][/size][hr]- Alcohol. Excessive consumption of alcohol is believed to inhibit the bodies' ability to dispose of excess uric acid. It was our decision to write so much on Gout after finding out that there is still so much to learn on Gout.

Quote:The old clich' that you are what you eat is quite true. Many people suffer from certain health conditions that even though may not be cured, can be controlled through your diet. All foods have certain qualities that affect the body in different ways. Nutrients are broken down and used in different ways, allowing your body to use them how it desires.

[list][*]<hr> Herbs have been forever rumored to help your body reach its full potential, but they are not the only answer.[*]Your grocery list has foods on them that can help whatever ails you, but you'll want to alter them just a little.[*]Many of the foods we eat are processed, but they are really over processed.[*]Chemical additives are in the foods, but you might not even know it.[*]The Food and Drug Administration's restrictions on food labeling might be a little more lax than you thought.[*]You will learn the gravity of Gout once you are through reading this matter.[*]Gout are very important, so learn its importance.[*]<hr> Any lesson to be learned is experimentation.[*]Many of us are too quick to accept the prescription drug in our lives, but there are too many side effects.[*]They are hard on the body and the digestive system, which can create more problems.[*]A simple diet is better.[*]After many hopeless endeavors to produce something worthwhile on Purines Foods, this is what we have come up with.[*]We are very hopeful about this![*]<hr> In the initial trip to the doctor's office, I was diagnosed with gout.[*]All the usual symptoms.[*]I could either wait it out or take a pill everyday to control it.[*]The culprit is purines in foods, and the kidneys' inability to eliminate uric acid which comes from purines in the digestive process.[*]Purines are found in red meat, bacon, beer, red wine, pastas, and everything else I enjoy on a regular basis.[*]The list is quite long.[*]People have an inclination of bragging on the knowledge they have on any particular project.[*]However, we don't want to brag on what we know on Purines Foods, so long as it proves useful to you, we are happy.[/list]

<hr> Ingredients need to be listed on the nutrit ional facts label on food packaging, but ingredients that make up the ingredients don't necessarily get listed. This can create problems if you are trying to avoid certain substances for health reasons. :o.

[list][*]<hr> I refuse to take a prescription drug for the rest of my life.[*]I don't even like to take aspirin.[*]How can I change my diet without eliminating my favorite foods?[*]<hr> [b]Reveal Your Food Aids[/b] <hr> The body really does have the ability to heal itself; you just have to let it.[*]Capsaicin, which is found in peppers from the bell variety to jalape'o to chilies, is noted to help soothe inflammation from arthritis.[*]They will work from the inside or the outside in paste form.[*]There are foods that will work to help whatever ails you.[*]<hr> [b]How Gout was Controlled Through Healthy Foods[/b] <hr> My story has taken place over the last twenty two months.[*]I was faced with gout as a twenty five year old, much younger than the average male dealing with it.[*]Gout is a form of arthritis that affects the joints like the big toe, ankles, and knees.[*]My gout affected both of my big toes.[*]Gouty arthritis is a very painful condition; a bed sheet is too heavy to be placed on the toe.[*]The toe swells and it is nearly impossible to walk, let alone wear shoes.[*]It comes on without warning, lasting up to two weeks.[*]We have gone through extensive research and reading to produce this article on Purines.[*]Use the information wisely so that the information will be properly used.[*]<hr> [b]Diet Experimentation[/b] Working in restaurants my entire life has given me the ability to cook and lots of food knowledge.[*]I took this info to the grocery store.[*]I discovered an excellent organic food store one city over.[*]What organics offer is purity.[*]The foods are not shelf stable for long as long as those in the conventional grocery stores, but I don't care.[*]I know what is in the food.[*]A red pepper is made from pepper plants grown in organic soil with no preservative chemicals or wax coatings.[*]My grocery bills are a little more expensive, but the health care costs I avoid offset the difference.[*]Nothing abusive about Gout Arthritis have been intentionally added here.[*]Whatever it is that we have added, is all informative and productive to you.[*]<hr> When you are at the store, just think about what they ate one hundred years ago.[*]Did they eat at fast food restaurants and make dinner out of boxes?[*]Processed foods can last literally years and years before getting old.[*]Doesn't that sound unreal?[*]Organic foods without chemicals will not last as long, and you'll have to make more trips to the store or farmer's market.[*]In my case, I think it is worth the extra effort.[*]If I don't need a prescription drug to control the gout, I'll do it.[*]If you find anything extra mentioning about Gouty Arthritis, do inform us.[*]It is only through the exchange of views and information will we learn more about Gouty Arthritis.[/list]